Photo by Kambriel
On Friday, April 5th Amanda Palmer will performing a special solo show at The Calvin Theatre in Northampton, MA joined by special musical guest support act ACLU Benefit.
This will be one of the only solo piano shows Amanda will play this year (without her band The Grand Theft Orchestra) and will surely be a show you don’t want to miss.
ALL AGES | RSVP on Facebook | TICKETS
Team AFP is giving away a few single tickets to this concert and you can enter to win on Amanda’s site:
Reblog this post on Tumblr to increase your chances of winning. For more info the contest, head over to the contest page on AmandaPalmer.net.
Please ONLY enter the contest if you are able to make the event. If you’re not feeling lucky tickets are available for purchase at http://bit.ly/AFP0405tix. Good luck!
- Not feminism: Oh my God, that woman is wearing make-up and high heels! She can't be a feminist. She's just adhering to the patriarchal expectations of femininity! What a traitor to her gender.
- Not feminism: I hate men! Women are so much better than men! All men are rapists and we don't need their help! Men are just there to oppress us and keep us down! Women are the superior gender.
- Not feminism: You're giving up your career to have a baby? You're being dictated to by a man! That's the wrong choice! You've slept with twenty men? Wow, way to show that you have no respect for yourself.
- Feminism: Women and men are equal. No-one should be discriminated against on the basis of their gender. Women have the right to decide how to live their life, how to dress, what to do with their body and who to love.
- Well... depends what kind of feminism you're talking about. Are the previous three not Liberal Feminism? Sure. But some of the sentiment in the previous comments (while maybe stereotypical) fall under other forms of feminism, such as Militant Feminism. Just saying.